PADI Rescue Diver Course
3 Days Course: THB 14,800 (if Emergency First Response Certified)
4 Days Course: THB 19,800 (if Emergency First Response is required)
The PADI Rescue Diver is a challenging and rewarding course that you should not miss as most divers describe it as a fun course. You will learn to help yourself to prevent and manage problems in the water and to assist others with problems and emergencies both underwater and on the surface; that you may encounter during your scuba diving adventures, possibly even saving a life. During this course, you will learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills.
This 3 day course requires you to complete your theory, confined water at pool and open water activities at sea.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers both underwater and on the surface
- Rescuing unresponsive divers both underwater and on the surface
What kind of scuba gear will you use?
You use all your basic scuba gear including a dive computer, pocket mask to practice in-water resuscitation. During exercises, you will work with an emergency oxygen unit, floats and marker buoys. A set of top quality equipment will be supplied throughout this course at NO charge. If you wish to make purchase for your own equipment, please contact us.
How can you start learning?
Write to Blue Corner Phuket or stop by Blue Corner Phuket to inquire about this course, get your Rescue Diver Manual and watch the Rescue Diver Video, then start learning. Your instructor will meet with you to schedule knowledge review sessions along with your rescue exercises and scenarios.
To enroll for PADI Rescue Diver course, you must;
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Advanced Open Water certification (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (completed the Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive)
- Be trained for first aid and CPR within the past 24 months. Or combination of Emergency First Response CPR with this course. (Ask your instructor about Emergency First Response CPR and first aid courses).